Security guards are authorized, and responsible for protecting private property and people from natural or emergency dangers. The Security guard may not get enough sleep due to the long hours he works. Security guards work in shifts and must follow the schedules of supervisors or property owners.
Physical fitness, mental stability, and alertness are essential. Special training is given to security guards in self-defense, emergency response, report writing, apprehension, and handling firearms.
If you want to be a great security guard, there are many steps to take. You can get online security officer training via https://mysecuritytraining.com/.
Image Source: Google
To become a security guard; consider the following things:
* You must obtain the required certificate for security guards at any accredited community college or technical institution. These schools provide online information that will help you find out more about accredited security programs.
* You must meet minimum requirements to start training. At least 18 years of age, you must have a high school diploma. You also need a valid driver's license.
* You will need to complete a pre-assignment module, or receive related training on the property, human rights, detention procedures, or other relevant subjects.
* It is important to know in advance whether the company will require you to pay for the license and uniform. These requirements may be paid for by security companies, but you will have to repay them in installments or with deductions from your monthly wage.
* Unarmed guards in corporate offices get a higher salary than those who are assigned to guard banks and armored cars. Learn more about the contracts security companies offer.
These are usually short-term contracts that will allow you to be transferred from time to time. Employers or companies that employ security guards can be found. You are guaranteed a longer-term.